Experience is the difference
Jeff White has over 30 years as a Residential and Commercial Building Inspector and Contractor, with hands-on experience in all phases of construction from foundation to finish . . . from turn of the century balloon-frame homes with knob & tube wiring, to the sophisticated custom homes of today.
Jeff received an Architectural degree from the University of Oregon, and started New Shelter Design / Construction Co.
in 1975. He designed and constructed homes for more than 25 years before becoming a full time State Certified Home Inspector in 2000.
CERTIFIED INSPECTIONS NW is a subsidiary of New Shelter Inc., a Design, Build, and Inspections company which was incorporated in 1982, and was the winner of the Governor’s Award in 1985
Jeff has inspected thousands of homes and commercial buildings as a Designer, Building Consultant and State Certified Inspector, with general expertise in all of the building systems, including Structural, Electrical, Drainage, Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, Siding and Roofing as well as Wood destroying organisms (dry rot and termites).
Home Inspector Serving Lane County
• Licensed General Contractor (Incorporated in 1982)
State of Oregon - Builders Bd. License #57170
• Certified Home Inspector #420
State of Oregon, August 2000
• Past president of the American Institute of Inspectors - Mid Oregon chapter - AII.
• Associate Member of NACHI - InterNACHI
(International Association of Certified Home Inspectors)
• Member of the HBA Thermal Standards Commission
(Developing the Oregon Energy Codes we use today)
• Energy analyst for the State of Oregon, Energy
consultant for NW Natural and Volt Technical Corp
providing building thermal inspections / evaluations.
• Past member of:
Oregon Home Builders Association
Pacific NW Solar Advisory Commission
Coburg Planning Commission - Coburg, OR
• Member of Lane Leaders Association
• Member of Northwest Eco Guild
• University of Oregon Architectural Alumni Association